The Content Helper was built to provide you with insights and information about the content you are currently editing, right from within the WordPress Editor.
You can open the Content Helper by clicking the Parse.ly icon on the top right of the Editor. The Content Helper contains the Performance Details and Related Top-Performing Posts panels, and is visible as a sidebar on the right of the page.
Performance Details panel
This panel shows performance metrics about the post or page currently being edited, such as:
- Number of views and visitors.
- Average time spent on the page by visitors.
- Referrer data, including direct visits.
From within this panel, it is also possible to open the published post/page, or visit its statistics page on the Parse.ly dashboard.
It is worth noting that:
- Data can only be shown for content that is published and has at least 1 view.
- The period for which data is shown defaults to the last 7 days and cannot be changed.
Related Top-Performing Posts panel
This panel provides a list of the website’s most successful posts, similar to the content currently being edited. It can be used to:
- Gain insights and identify patterns on what makes a post successful, in order to write similar content in structure, style, keywords or other criteria.
- Get a list of top-performing related posts for linking purposes from/to the current content.
From within this panel, it is also possible to open the related published posts, or visit their statistics page on the Parse.ly dashboard.
It is worth noting that:
- The similarity is based on the current content’s
author(in this specific order of priority).
- Only one of the above is taken into account for similarity.
- If the content contains multiple categories or tags, only the first category or tag (as returned by WordPress) is taken into account for similarity.
The Content Helper’s icon is missing
Verify that you’re using wp-parsely 3.4 or newer. Also, note that the Content Helper is available only in the WordPress Editor. As such, it will not be visible in the Classic Editor or 3rd-party page builders.
The Performance Details panel is missing
Verify that you’re using wp-parsely 3.6 or newer.
The Content Helper does not seem to work correctly
Under the hood, the Content Helper leverages the Parse.ly API to get its data. However, ad blockers or browser tracking protection can sometimes interfere with the Content Helper’s HTTP requests to the Parse.ly API. Please add the website to any applicable allow lists and try again. If issues persist even after doing this, please contact our support team.
Last updated: December 23, 2022