Whether you’ve already made your purchase or you want a summary of the process before starting, these are the steps for Parse.ly integration.
- Receive one “sandbox” Site ID and one, or more, production Site IDs from Support.
- If using the sandbox Site ID, inform Support of the domain you’re installing Parse.ly.
- Install the tracking code.
- Test pageview events.
- Send metadata.
- Validate metadata.
- Admins, adjust your preferences.
- Admins, invite your teammates.
- Read our Getting Started Guide and contact your Relationship Manager for training.
- If your contract contains premium features, install them.
Step 1: Receive Site IDs
A Parse.ly Account Executive will work with your team to determine your needs and how Parse.ly can solve them. This person will also coordinate set up of your Parse.ly dashboards. They will contact the Parse.ly Support team and provide contract details.
The Support team will then create Parse.ly Site IDs and enable the features that you’ve purchased. Your team will need these Site IDs when it is time to install tracking (Step 3).
You’ll receive emails from:
- Parse.ly (firstname.lastname@example.org) — this is where we’ll provide your Site IDs and personalized instructions.
- Parse.ly (email@example.com) — Parse.ly Support will invite the first batch of Parse.ly Admins
Step 2: Use the Sandbox
This is an optional step. However, we encourage using the sandbox for testing. Read our sandbox instructions here.
Step 3: Install tracking
Some sites may require special configuration to account for Single-Page Applications or dynamic tracking. Click here to see if any of these special cases apply to your site.
Step 4: Test
Within minutes of installing our tracking code on your pages, your site will start generating pageviews. Read our testing instructions to see those pageviews in your browser and to verify they are correct.
Shortly after your site begins sending pageviews, you should see them in your Parse.ly Dashboard.
Step 5: Send metadata
If you are not using WordPress, please review our metadata requirements.
Step 6: Validate metadata
Step 7: Adjust Preferences
To see more information about Account settings, review our documentation.
Step 8: Invite teammates
Admins should invite their teammates using these instructions.
Step 9: Training
When your satisfied with the integration of your Parse.ly Dashboard, contact your Relationship Manager to discuss training. In the meantime, download our Getting Started Guide, read through our Dashboard Features documentation, and explore these tools that come bundled with your Dashboard:
- Alerts: set up alerts of significant activity
- Automatic Metadata Change Detection: ask and it’s yours (in lieu of manual recrawl)
- Benchmarks: compare authors, sections, and tags with others
- Campaign Tracking: view the campaigns from your UTM/ITM parameters
- Comparison Mode: compare results across time
- Goals: define your goals and achieve them as a team
- Open in Parse.ly Bookmarklet: content to dashboard in one click!
- Overlay / Slot Tracking: designed for high-traffic home pages (multiple clicks in 10-minutes)
- Referrers: see where your traffic is coming from
- Reports: create a one-time or recurring reports on the metrics you care about most
Step 10: Add-on features
After your Parse.ly Dashboard integration and testing, you may continue installing add-on features in any order.
Add-on features include
Last updated: December 05, 2023