Clicking on a Section from the Sections page will generate more detailed information including:
- Posts published under this section that are generating the most traffic in the selected time frame
- Authors whose content in this section is receiving the most traffic
- Tags generating traffic in this section
- Referrers for this section
- Campaigns driving traffic to this section
- Social interactions with and referred views to the posts in this section
You can switch between real-time and historical data by clicking on the toggle on the top left of the screen. The real-time stream is a great way to get a filtered-down view of the content you are most interested in so you can follow content performance immediately after it is published and make decisions on the go.
Cut down on clickbait
By using the engaged-time options in the “Show sections by:” dropdown, you can see which sections are producing content that readers think is worth their time. Use the dropdown option for engaged time among returning visitors; if your Politics section tops the list, that’s a good sign that your stories there are resonating. If sorting for engaged time shows that readers are only looking at Celebrity stories for ten seconds, it might be time rethink that content or even ditch the section entirely. Read more about how audience attention stacks up for different verticals in our analysis on engaged time.
Overall, if you’re interested in moving away from page views, and focus more on audience retention, download our Authority Report: What Impact do Loyal Readers Have on a Site?
Last updated: December 02, 2022